Located in Smithers, BC on the unceded Gidimt'en territory of the Witsuwit'en Nation, the Bulkley Valley Community Arts Council (BVCAC) is dedicated to supporting local artists and arts groups. The BVCAC acts as an umbrella organization, providing members with aid and coordinating community events.
Why join the BVCAC?
- Maintain cooperation between arts & culture organizations
- Support community projects through membership fees
- Advocacy, strength in numbers
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Be part of the decision making process
What we do for member groups:
- Advise member groups and individuals on local initiatives, programs, productions and finances
- Provide low-cost liability insurance
- Utilize our charitable status to grant tax receipts for donations based on CRA guidelines
- Help fund special community projects
- May provide interest-free loans and deficit financing
- Make funds available to new groups for start-up costs
- Advocate on behalf of members to provincial and municipal governments
- Facilitate cooperation between member groups
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 3971, Smithers BC, V0J 2N0.
"Art pulls a community together... Art makes you feel differently. That's what artists are doing all the time, shifting and changing the way you see life."