Mission & Vision
To increase awareness of and access to the arts for the residents of the Bulkley Valley.
The Bulkley Valley Community Arts Council will strive for excellence in the provision of arts programs and initiatives for residents of the Bulkley Valley. The Directors will provide guidance and leadership to develop programs that will deliver arts to the people. The Society will be a cooperative and supportive organization which in turn will engender a positive image for the arts in our community. People will volunteer as board members and program facilitators. Member groups of the Bulkley Valley Community Arts Council will be an integral part of our organization.
In pursuit of our mission, the Bulkley Valley Community Arts Council believes:
- That our position in the community is both an opportunity and a responsibility to provide arts-related leadership;
- That the BVCAC is a resource to benefit the residents of the Bulkley Valley;
- In open, accessible, respectful and ethical behaviour in our conduct with all people who come in contact with the Council;
- That our policies, programs and practices should enable and encourage growth, dignity, inclusiveness, fairness and equality for all people of the Bulkley Valley;
- In working as a catalyst in the arts community by helping to find solutions to community initiatives that require assistance;
- In encouraging and nurturing innovation and managing the risks inherent in creating art;
- We must encourage people with various backgrounds to participate in the arts;
- In allowing the elected Board to make informed decisions in accordance with set policies and available information;
- In an ongoing and open evaluation of all policies, programs and initiatives.