About your local arts council
Established in 1980, the Bulkley Valley Community Arts Council (BVCAC) seeks to increase awareness of, and access to, the arts for all Bulkley Valley residents by providing funding for arts projects, scholarships to aspiring artists and support for new artistic ideas.
How does the BVCAC select projects to fund?
We accept grant applications between September 1st and May 31st of each year.
The BVCAC Board of Directors reviews all grant applications based on the following (see application checklist):
- does the project fit our mandate?
- diversity of funding sources, clarity of budget
- has the applicant received funding from us in the past? (preference may go to new applicants)
- is the applicant a member of BVCAC in good standing?
When will I know if I received funding?
The BVCAC will let you know if you received funding within 8 weeks of receiving your application.
How much funding is there?
The BVCAC receives support from funders such as the BC Arts Council, the Town of Smithers, RBDN, community businesses and individual donations. Our funding levels may fluctuate from year to year, but we do our best to give each application the attention it deserves. Sometimes we are unable to fund a project for various reasons. If a project doesn't fit within our mandate, we try to give feedback to the applicant. If we have limited funding, we financially support an idea to the extent we can, or recommend other places to find funding. We always encourage applicants to have diverse funding sources (see Canada Arts Council and BC Arts Council).
Grant application checklist:
- Completed the grant application form on the respective grant category page above (under "Grants")
- Please include a projected budget with the amount of your request
- Attach any support materials you think are helpful (photos, work samples, etc.)
What happens after I receive funding?
- A cheque will be mailed to the address you provided in your application.
- You must submit a final report once your project is complete with at least 2 photos for our website and archives.
I have more questions, who do I talk to?
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to answer your questions and help you with your application.